Prior to founding The Carver Companies, Joel served as Vice President, Sales and Marketing for CSM Corporation, Minneapolis, MN. At CSM he oversaw all corporate and property marketing, sales, revenue management, eCommerce and public relations efforts.
Joel’s honors and awards include:
· Named one of the “Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing”
· HSMAI – Americas Board of Directors 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
· Twin Cities Business Journal Diversity in Business Honoree
· 2013 Founded Carver Hotel Group
· 2015 Named one of the “Top Startups in Georgia”
· 2016 Acquired Olson Hospitality Services
· 2016 Added Carver World Temps to Carver Brands
· 2018 Named one of the “Fastest Growing – Privately Held Corporations in Atlanta” – Pacesetter Award Recipient
· Named to the INC 5000 – Fastest Growing Privately Held Corporations in America
Joel’s 35 years of sales management experience encompasses work with both franchise and Fortune 500 companies including: Westin, Hilton, Omni, Wyndham Hotel Group, InterContinental Hotels Group, and Leading Hotels of the World. While at CSM, Joel initiated a share shifting program to maximize sales efforts and increase RevPAR index company wide.
Well known as a dynamic and powerful speaker, Joel provides keynote, human resources and sales training speeches and presentations throughout the industry.
Recently concluded speaking engagements include:
· AAHOA Annual Convention, Washington, DC
· WYNDHAM HOTEL GROUP, Las Vegas, NV
· Intercontinental Hotel Group, Los Angeles, CA
While serving the hospitality industry in a number of key leadership roles, Joel also found the time to sit on the Board of Directors for Virginia Hospitality and Tourism Association; as well as maintain the positions of President for the Northern Virginia Chapter and as Co-Chair of the Association Marketing Committee. Additional key relationships include: National Business Travel Association, International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) and as an honorary board member for the Association of Starwood Franchisees and Owners – North America.
Mr. Carver is also co-author of: “Marketing For the Year 2000, TODAY!”, “Marketing for the Next Millennium”, and the soon to be released “The People Effect: Find, Grow and Retain the Best of the Best” with an expected publication date of March 15, 2019.